Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'd get the Neiman Marcus Cupcake Car...


Neiman Marcus
It's that time of year again. The Neiman Marcus Christmas Book is out and filled with all the gifts and wonders that only Neiman Marcus could offer. Included in this big book of opportunity is a $1,795 Donna Karan dress, a $250 pair of Ralph Lauren Rain Boots, and a $12,000 Michelle Brand Sustainable Design Art Chandelier. But none of those items are what we are here to discuss. The most fantastic item available this year is the $25,000 Customized Cupcake Car.

Complete with a matching hat, these sweet (yes, that pun was intended) vehicles were designed by East Bay resident, Lisa Pongrace and her design firm Pomegrante Gardens. They debuted at Burning Man in 2004 and are now available to all via Neiman Marcus. This gift from God (and by "God" I mean "Neiman Marcus") is electrically powered and can zoom down the sidewalk at a tremendous 7mph.

Now I know, I could get a number of other cars for $25,000 or less; for example, I could get a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid for $23,650 or a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for $23,065--less than one of those delicious Cupcake Cars but where's the fun in those. Sure, I could take those "real" cars on the road and carry passengers and packages, but they don't come with matching hats. Their prices also don't include the opportunity to customize their exteriors as my favorite cupcake flavor.

If I wasn't so poor I wouldn't buy myself a useless car that goes over 10mph, I'd buy myself one of those yummy Cupcake Cars from Neiman Marcus.

If you're interested, call 1.877.9NM.GIFT for details!

Note: I haven't decided what flavor I'd get yet. This is an important decision, don't rush me! I'll let you know when I make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment