Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'd be fancy and have a box spring and frame for my mattress...

The above photo is of my pretentious roommate, Julie's, new mattress set--complete with mattress, box spring and bed frame. Okay, so, granted, until last week Julie had been sleeping on an old pull-out-couch mattress for two months. Actually, that was before she slept on two Tibetan floor mats surrounded by throw pillows (but that was only for like 2 weeks--big deal).

Alright, I might be a little bitter about Julie's new bed. But that's only because after nearly 3 months I am still sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Why? Well, because, as you might have guessed--I'm poor. Fortunately, my former roommate gave me her old mattress or I'd be in real trouble deep.

Okay, so I do have money in my account to buy a box spring and bed frame, it's just that they're usually so expensive that I am not willing to spend a months rent on them. Also, I'm having a hard time finding just a box spring. Places like Mancini's Sleep World and Mattress Giant may provide free frames, but only seem to sell singular mattresses or mattress sets. Not box springs alone. And I'm definitely not going to buy a whole mattress set when I already have a perfectly adequate mattress.

I'm also incredibly lazy. I could easily go on craigslist and get a cheap used one (I'm not above putting my mattress on top of a mysterious box spring) but, like I said, I'm incredibly lazy. Even for a $15 box spring and an equally cheap basic, metal frame, I put up a fuss about going and picking them up. I'm a terrible, problematic person, I know.

What I'm really looking for is for someone to find (and pay for if each item is over 50 bucks), pick-up and deliver to me a twin box spring and frame.

So basically the title of this post should be: "I'd be fancy and have a new box spring and frame for my mattress..." Because it's pretty much just my laziness that's preventing me from being fancy and getting a box spring and frame to go with my mattress.

The photo below is of my mattress. You should also know that I do not have a dresser either...I keep my clothing on top, in and around a large suitcase. I need to get my act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment